How to Find a Company You Can Trust
We believe you should thoroughly check out any contractor that wants your business. Here are some of the items that we think are important.
- How long has the company been in business?
- What kind of reputation does the company have? An excellent source for this information is the Better Business Bureau. Call their 24-hour number, 206-431-2222, and follow instructions to get current information about our company. Information is also available on their web site at www.thebbb.org. Also check out Angie's List, www.angieslist.com, and the Checkbook rating service, www.checkbook.org.
- How does the company take care of any problems that may arise? What is their stated policy? Do they guarantee their work? And, if they do offer a guarantee, are they going to be around in a few years to stand behind their guarantee?
- Is the company bonded and insured and are they licensed by the State of Washington? To find out call the Washington State Contractor Licensing Bureau at 1-800-647-0982 or 206-835-1111.
- Is the company operating with active insurance? A reputable company will be happy to answer this question.
- Is the neighbor down the street (the one who had his roof done last year) happy with the way the job was done? What is the "street talk" associated with a company?
- What kind of reputation does the company have with suppliers in the area? A quick call to local supply companies will quickly give you great insight into the integrity of a company.
- You can also ask suppliers for references. A quality supply company will be able to furnish you with a variety of referrals.
In addition a good roofing company…
- will make a complete roof-top inspection
- will provide a written estimate
- uses quality roofing materials and can offer you a strong materials warranty
- supervises all phases of the job and will inspect the work completely before you pay the final bill
back to top